Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Tablecloth


This is one of my favorite family traditions. One year for an early Christmas present, I bought my mom this boring tablecloth. Just a bland muslin type material. We didn't have a lot of money and I was trying to be creative. I must've seen the idea in a magazine (this was a dozen years or so ago before Pinterest). What she was supposed to do, was to put it out on Thanksgiving before the feast, and while the food is finishing up, everyone was supposed to write what they are thankful for. It seemed a bit silly at first, but as the years have gone on, it has become such a family treasure.
The same table cloth comes out every year, and it's fun to see how much the kids have grown up. My daughter was only 5 years old when she drew this picture. She's now 16, and it's crazy to see how time flies.
 You can see who was the most impatient for dinner...not much has changed over the years... (ha ha!!)
 And you can remember your friends or family that have now passed on. A little piece of them is saved  to be with you year by year. This is the most special part for me.
 Wonderful memories with family and friends.
Grab some fabric markers. My mom always puts a marker proof cloth underneath, and then covers it with vinyl during the meal.
If you see me at the store in a few minutes, it's because I'm long overdue starting this tradition at my own house, and I'm buying my own table cloth! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment