Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Valentine's Sugar Cookies



There are many times things turn out better in my head, than when I actually do them. For example, when I was making sugar cookies yesterday (click here for recipe). It completely escaped my mind that they would puff up and grow in the oven. So when I  started with this:
And they came out looking like this:
I was pretty surprised. So I was able to salvage this batch. I put a lot of frosting on there- they aren't horrible:
But it was the other batch I did- oh heavens!!
Please forgive the terrible picture as well. I was so concerned about the dough growing completely together, I didn't even notice the cell phone shadow in my shot. Whoops!

I tried to add a bunch of frosting, to make them seem edible, and hopefully transform them in to something wonderful: (Ha ha ha ha ha!!)
Yikes.


At least my kids enjoyed them. They tasted great. And the cub scouts at pack meeting didn't turn their noses up to them. So, I guess sometimes I need to remember what feels like a fail to me, just because it doesn't encompass my perfect vision, can actually feel like a success to somebody else (the treat obsessed children). Especially if what you are doing is something creative or compassionate. 

And if at first you don't succeed, TRY, TRY again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment