Saturday, October 21, 2017

Finding solace in a nature walk

It's been one of those full days. Full of the wonderful, the mundane, the busy, the exhausting. I am a mother of 7 children. I love it. Some days I feel the pull in a million different directions more than others. Today was one of those days. Three soccer games, grocery shopping date with my husband, my baby and toddler sick with fevers and coughs, potty accidents, hockey games and dances for my teenagers, and all the normal mom cooking and household duties. (How can so many different things happen in such a small amount of time?!!) Bedtime was half way done and I just needed a breather before our nightly reading of Harry Potter. I scooped up my fevered baby and took a nice quiet walk around these beautiful ponds. Originally I was going to put in my headphones to enjoy a podcast, but then I thought how I just needed a quiet moment in nature. The sound of the water and crickets, the gentle fall breeze after a warm humid day, the sights of birds and turtles, it was just the healing my hurried heart needed. My life is physically taxing and joyous, emotionally and mentally challenging, hard and crazy, but I love it. I'm grateful for moments like this where I can just take a quick breath to be grateful for the beautiful things the Lord has given me. I'm grateful for my family, thankful for whatever type of health we are blessed with at the moment, and dazzled by this miraculous earth God has made for me to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment